Coal/biomass/waste gasification and coal-to-liquids technologies are some of the many approaches needed to establish energy security while minimizing the impact of energy supply and use on the environment.
Hatch has a dedicated team of experts and technologists to assist clients in the application and design of gasification and coal-to-liquids facilities. Our team helps identify and plan each facility with careful consideration to each client’s individual needs and objectives.
While many EPCM providers have aligned with individual gasification technology licensors, Hatch remains technology neutral, facilitating independent review and unbiased advice to our clients regarding technology selection.
Using our high-temperature process expertise, Hatch has been involved in the application and design of gasification vessels with multiple clients from planning to detailed reactor design and associated peripherals.
Hatch has assisted various gasification technology licensors in their commercialization and implementation of proprietary technologies through application of Hatch’s specialized skill-set and extensive experience in high-temperature reactor design.
In-house gasification and applicable industrial expertise includes:
- Gasification plant design for coal, biomass and waste including Fischer-Tropsch liquids applications, hydrogen, SNG and power
- Gasification process design package development for technology licensors
- Thermomechanical detailed design of slagging and fluidized bed gasifiers (including gas and particle flow modeling, pressure vessel, refractory and cooling systems design)
- Waste-to-energy solutions
- Syngas handling and quality control
- Gasification project financial analysis including: commodity market assessment capabilities and cost/benefit analysis
- Coal mining (mine planning, layout, design and construction)
- Power generation and cogeneration
- Project implementation from scoping through feasibility studies, detailed engineering, procurement, construction management and commissioning